Chef Solus’ Favorite Family Grocery Shopping Tips
Chef Solus has gathered his favorite tips to help grocery shopping be a fun and healthy experience for kids.
- Look for whole grain cereals and breads with at least 4 gram of fiber.
- Food labels are a great way to learn how some foods are better for you than others.
- Teach them how fruits and vegetables gives us clues on how ripe they are.
- Follow the 5-5 rule. Look for cereals with 5 grams or less of sugar!
- Take an outing to a local farmers market to teach kids about where their food comes from. See what fruits and vegetables are in season.
- Ask them “What is this banana telling us?” “Is it ready to eat yet?” “Should we pick that