Going Organic a little or all the way, here are some tips
Posted on Mar 30, 2009 by Maggie LaBarbera
If you can't go 100% organic here are some simple guidelines:
- Buy organic as often as you can. Many grocers now offer store brands with organic choices which are usually less expensive.
- Look for the USDA seal on foods to ensure they are organic.
- Go for organic animal products first to help your children avoid artificial hormones and unnecessary antibiotics
- Second if you can't go organic on all your fruits and veggies, then buy organic for the "dirty dozen."(See my 'Organic Food Tips' blog post for the list) these are the fruits and veggies that are highest in pesticides.
- Make sure to wash all produce thoroughly
- Check organic produce for bugs that may be inside